Finished Item: Follow Your Arrow

It took me a while to get there, but finally I finished the 'Follow Your Arrow' shawl from Ysolda Teague.

I was drawn to this pattern, being a lover of Ysolda's patterns for a long while now, because of the novel approach.  Each section of the shawl was presented as a 'clue' resulting in something like 36 versions of the shawl being completed depending on which clues were chosen.

I am not sure why it took me so long to get there - but I finally finished and I am delighted with the result!  I followed clues BAABA and having seen some of the other finished shawls I am really pleased with my choices.  All the results are lovely, but I especially like the first clue 'B' which gave a lovely semi circular start.  I have worn this quite a bit to work now that the air conditioning is kicking in, but the model in the photos is of course my lovely daughter Flo!

Yarn was Plucky Knitter MCN Fingering from the Plucky club and the colour way was Bleedin' Armadillo - looks almost stained with burgundy wine - gorgeous colour and great yarn to work with.





1 comment:

Mari said...

Very pretty! I did this one as well, but am not yet finished. Put it down and need to get back to finish (do) clue 5. Enjoy it!!:)