Pebble Beach

I have just finished my Pebble Beach Shawl and I am so pleased with it!

This is the second shawl I have made designed by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade and I am again really amazed how she manages to make such a simple design work so well!

The yarn is from the lovely Jocelyn at Dubai Knits and is a skein I won in our recent meet up where we had a 'lucky dip' and I was especially lucky to get this skein of 100% Superwash
Merino 4ply in the Skinny Jeans shade.



My plans for this year are to make things for me that I will actually wear!  Since I am not working, my day to day 'winter' wardrobe is very much made up of blues (well jeans!), greys and black.  My current favourite brand is Eileen Fisher and I am leaning towards her casual looks for the daytime - trying not to fall into the sweat pants and old t shirt hole!!!  So this colour way is perfect for me.

If you are looking for a quick knit (if you knit the small size as I did!) and something which is very satisfying then I would thoroughly recommend the Pebble Beach - but I am not on my own - there are currently 1549 projects on Ravelry!!!!


Helen's pattern is easy to follow and the % system works really well!


My craft room has its own little bathroom so perfect for soaking knits

Pinning the picots out took a bit of time

Totally worth the blocking though!


Extremely rare selfie wearing my Pebble Beach!



Don't forget to check out my Anchor wave, where I talk about my shawl as well!!

















No comments: