Its quiet around here..............

So, the children have gone back to the UK - and the rain! - and so it is very quiet around here! Speak with Flo every day, but often Fred does not want to talk to me as he is so tied up and busy with whatever a 5 year old boy is into! Keith and I have found time to talk to each other again and we have not squabbled as much as I thought we would!

Anyway the day before they left was Fred's Birthday so we threw a little party at home for him - with a Dinosaur theme naturally............






Work is manically busy, despite people saying that it would be quiet this time of year - not for us, we are selling cases like mad and although it seems very disingenuous of me, I wish we would lose a couple of cases so I don't have to staff them out of thin air! A Consultant with a pulse is all I need at the moment, don't care what practice area they come from........... I still hate Staffing, but my boss has agreed that I can have another member of staff early next year so that I can go back to being the HR Director properly (or should I say 'start'!!)


Anyway knitting is good for stress and so I have been doing as much of it as I can (amazing how much more time I seem to have without the kids!

I have finished the Liesl which I love, Initially I was a bit sceptical and actually I usually like to be different and not 'follow the crowd' but I like the sense of camaraderie that comes from knitting something that lots of other like minded people have done too. See picture below of me in it.........yes I know very rare for me to take a photo of myself, much less without makeup and with a large spot on my chin.





Also note that I went finally to have my hair done yesterday! Went to Sharinis Spa which is not far away and had highlights and a cut for 342AED which is a bargain in my opinion. I am useless at explaining what I want, but actually, although she straightened it much more than I am used to - I am really pleased with it.



Not entirely sure what to do next from my WIP. I thou gt I might finish the baby jacket I started ages (ages and ages actually) ago, so I re-cast on and knitted for an hour before I realised I had cast on for the back...........and I have already knitted the back!!! What I needed to be doing was knitting the fronts DOH!!! So now although I have cast on the front, I am less than inspired to carry on. Ishbel is still calling but need to get my head in the Ishbel 'zone' first. As I want something to take back with me on hols to the UK, I MAY cast on some socks for Flo with the Happy Socks wool I got from Jennifer...........decisions decisions.........and I STILL have not blocked the Mohair..........Then there is the lovely Noro that I got for my Birthday.........hmmn

No comments: