The Foxglove Shawlette at last....

So I have been working on this design for what seems like forever!  I first thought about this design nearly a year ago when home in the UK and I saw some lovely cottage gardens in the UK.  I used to have a lovely cottage garden myself full of hollyhocks and foxgloves at our house in East Sussex 10 years ago - how things have changed since then! My garden now is full of desert roses. bourgonvillia and cacti which can manage the excessive heat!

Anyway after much thought and mathematics I finally came up with the first purple version of the Foxglove Shawlette.  I found an edging stitch pattern that I really liked which was very reminiscent of the flowers on the foxglove.... small bells.

I knit the first version in a huge ball of Hayfield Bonus which I had got from Magrudy's in Abu Dhabi and I was especially interested in making something from some fairly cheap acrylic since although we all love expensive hand dyed wool - the truth is that we can't all afford such luxury!  My second version was in artesano super wash wool - which again was not 'premium' quality wool and more affordable for mere mortals, but still a really lovely yarn.

I never intended for them to work together, but when I put them close by I quickly saw that they would just look fabulous layered on a really cold day........

Anyway I am delighted that the pattern is now on Ravelry although you can also get it here if you like......

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/foxglove-shawlette









1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Yay! and Yay again! Cannot wait to knit this up!